Back Pain Specialist
Back pain is a leading cause of lost work and disability. If you have back pain that’s interfering with your life, visit Evolution Pain and Spine in League City, and Lake Jackson, Texas. As a double board-certified interventional pain management and physical medicine specialist, Sunil Thomas, MD, provides personalized treatment plans to relieve your pain and restore your quality of life. Call Evolution Pain and Spine or make an appointment online today.
Back Pain Q&A
For example, you could strain a muscle or fracture a vertebra in a sports or automobile accident, or you could develop osteoarthritis in your spine. Some of the other common causes of back pain include:
- Herniated discs
- Compression fractures
- Degenerative disc disease
- Spinal stenosis
- Sciatica is the name for a group of symptoms caused by sciatic nerve compression. The term is often used interchangeably with low back pain, but sciatica also includes numbness, tingling, or weakness in one or both of your hips, buttocks, and legs.
Your risk of back pain increases if you’re overweight, have a physically demanding job, or lead a sedentary lifestyle. Additionally, as you age, your spinal discs become dry and less flexible, which makes them more susceptible to injury.
- Doesn’t go away or is getting worse
- Increases with certain movements
- Interferes with sleep
- Limits mobility
- Occurs with numbness or weakness
- You should also make an appointment with Dr. Thomas if you injured your back in a fall or another type of accident.
Even if you don’t have pain following an accident, it’s worthwhile to see a doctor who can check for injuries and start treatment to reduce or prevent pain and other disruptive symptoms.
Then, depending on your needs, he creates your treatment plan, which could include:
- Epidural steroid injections
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Regenerative medicine
- Minimally invasive kyphoplasty
- Physical therapy
- Dr. Thomas aims to address the root cause of your pain and reduce reliance on medication, which merely masks your symptoms.
If you have back pain, call Evolution Pain and Spine or make an appointment online today for expert treatment and patient-focused care.